Saturday, September 17, 2016

Post 2

I analyzed Zach Morris from the TV show Saved by the Bell. He is a high school student that attends Bayside high school. The episode I chose is when he takes the SATs.

Does the character excel in school?
The character does not excel in school. I think teachers just pass him to pass him or at least he does the bare minimum. 

What is the socioeconomic status of the character?
He is middle class and pretty well off.

Does the character engage in school, or distract others?
The student is not engaged in school. He likes to distract others and tries to get out of doing things. He usually ends up in the principle office. The student likes to meddle in people’s business as well.  The student while taking the SAT was more focused on the girl in front of him too. So, I assume he is not very engaged in school.

What interests does the student have?
Girls are what interest the student and getting out of school. He is also a prankster as well and enjoys going to the beach.

If this student was in your class, what strategies and technologies could you use to assist this student?
To assist this student, I would probably work with him one on one. Also, I would sit him away from distractions such as his friends. For technologies, I could try using an interactive app even though he is in high school. Another idea could be that instead of sending him to the principal’s office, I would have him work with him on school work instead.

Is this student “college ready”?

He is not college ready because he does not take school seriously.

Here is a video of Zach Morris taking the SAT.. He is the blonde hair one. There is two clips.. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment